Today is National Running Day! I never thought I would still be running after these years and the trials and tribulations. Here’s a few questions about why I run and a little more about what I take with me.
1. Why do you run?
I run to keep myself healthy. But I also run to push myself and keep pursuing dreams that I never thought I’d have.
2. How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day?
I plan on running, since I’m currently training for my 2nd Marathon. The NYC Marathon. Woohoo!
3. How many miles have you run so far this year?
A measly 179 miles
4. What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?
I will be running the NYC Marathon on 1 November
5. Before I leave for a run you must have:
My phone, roadID, Garmin Forerunner 220, Sparkle Athletic Visor, Headphones, and Camelbak depending on mileage.
6. Do you have one favorite app to track your runs?
I use the Nike+ app and the Garmin Connect
7. Who is your favorite running partner?
I have a group of ladies I run with on the weekends who are awesome! My coworker who runs with me during the week and then my good friend M who also keeps me healthy!
8. What races have you ran so far this year?
2-5ks, 1-10k, a 10 miler, 4 Half Marathons, and a 4 miler coming up
9. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be?
Listen to your body and take a break if you need it. It’s ok.
10. Describe your relationship with running in one word: